Thursday, February 25, 2010

Laughing Through My Troubles

Jesus, take the wheel because I'm about to run somebody over!

Well, I knew the day was fast approaching. If you have been reading my posts lately, you'll know about the drama I've been experiencing lately in a certain sector of my life. Unfortunately, due to the fact that this blog is accessible to everyone I can't get into the gory details but believe me when I tell you things are fast coming to a head. The boom is about to drop and when the dust settles it is anybody's guess who will still be standing. This I know for certain, even if my enemy seems to get the upper-hand, I am going to put all my trust in God and come through this like gold refined through the fire. God gives and takes away but He never abandons or forsakes us...never. He sticks closer than a friend. A close friend at that.

If you are reading this and you are a praying person, would you join me in my only request at the moment? I am praying for a pure heart, a heart that will bless and not curse. Please lift me up in this because deep down I want to justify myself and blast whoever is treating me unfairly. Lies are being leveled against me. My integrity and character are being maligned. Understandably, I want to stand up and say: "Bitch! Who do you think you are messing with?" Want to go there so badly but I realize it will only make matters worse. Just because my flesh and heart want to explode and unite and start a riot does not mean I have to go along with it. Besides, my heart is already floating with enough notions of hate and adding actions behind it will serve no good whatsoever. So I write about it and expose it to the light, leaving it there to burn up and wither away.

I'm at the place in my life where I can almost feel eternity brushing the top of my head. A deep sense of what lies on the other side of these momentary troubles has overcome and gripped my soul. I am more convinced than ever how this life is nothing more than a dress rehearsal for the truly amazing life that is yet to come. Everything here on this earthly plane is but a foretaste. Soon, be it tomorrow, a week from now, or one hundred years from now, I will finally stand beyond the veil and look fully on the face of Redeeming Love. This being my sense of reality, I need to stop and refrain from sinning in my anger because I want to do what is right. I want to hear God say of me: "Well done, good and faithful servant".

I have relieved that moment countless times in my mind and spirit; me entering to thunderous applause from countless angels who welcome me into the holy space of the ancient Throne. I finally catch a glimpse of my King and as our eyes meet, my face awash in tears of gratitude, He suddenly places his hand on his chest and as if to stop his heart from beating out of his chest suddenly throws back his head and lets out the most infectious exuberant laugh. The sound I have always heard but until then never realized was His laugh manifesting in and through me. Then, together at last, will we laugh in unison over our enemies; those who foolishly thought they could keep us apart. Ha!

Going to do my part here to keep my composure and bless those who curse and persecute me because no matter what, from this experience I am learning that I am loved and cared for.

No weapon formed against me shall prosper!

I am overcoming by the word of my testimony...

Those who put their hope in God, will never be put to shame.

"I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "-Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message)


Crooked Notes by Idilio Rivera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

2 comments:

  1. I hope for the both of us that we both are standing in front of that throne soon and very soon. For better indeed is one day in His courts than a thousand elsewhere, and I surpassed my thousand days long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear, my brother! Rest assured, that day is closer today than yesterday. We are inching our way there. Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete