Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TOP TEN THINGS I Miss Most...

TOP TEN THINGS I MISS MOST (or wish I could do again with ease) 


10. Sitting. The tumor is located and protruding in such a way that sitting is no longer an option. I      spend the bulk of my days in bed. 


9. Using the bathroom like regular folk. I do my business in bags attached to my abdomen. 


8. Taking regular showers. The process is time-consuming and tedious.


7. Wearing belts and form-fitting clothes. My fashion sense has been altered since I must now conceal the "ostomy/catheter" bags I'm attached to.


6. Going to the Movies. Since I can't sit, I can't go and watch the latest movies playing out right now.

5. Attending church. Talks are in progress how to make this one obstacle a reality again.


4. Going to work every day. Miss the daily interactions with co-workers and clients.

3.  My appetite. I've lost twenty-two pounds in one month. Eating is a chore


2.  Pain-Free existence. Pain is under control with heavy pain meds. Thank God.


1.  My independence. Can't do much of anything without assistance.



Crooked Notes by Idilio Rivera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment