Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tears in Bottles

Had a good cry today and I blame TLC's "Say Yes To The Dress". Confined to my bed these last few weeks, I've been watching a great deal of TV lately. One of those shows is the one mentioned here where "brides to be" shop for wedding dresses and in the process bridal drama ensues. I think I've laid eyes on at least a hundred wedding gowns watching re-runs of this show. That is when it dawned on me, while I may proudly proclaim myself as the figurative and literal Bride of Christ, I will never have the pleasure and honor of becoming a groom. Suddenly, I realized how much I've been robbed of in this life! And the tears gushed out of me like a mourner at my own funeral.

I make it a point not to dwell on the "what could have been" and do my best to live life in the moment and to the fullest. Or at least I like to think so. Yet sometimes one can't help and grieve the situational losses of life. So I had me a good cry as I faced the facts that Eunuchs are never meant to marry.

During these down times, when tears and snot are keeping me from focusing on all the blessings that have been bestowed on me regardless of what I may have been deprived of, I always bring to my remembrance the words spoken to me by James Goll (a man I deeply respect and admire in the prophetic) when he revealed to me the tender love of a Savior who collects every tear I've ever shed and collects them in bottles. The thought of Jesus gathering every tear from my eyes and placing each drop in bottles has always spoken volumes to me of how much He deeply cares and is present in my pain and suffering. Not that it makes whatever I'm feeling or going through at the moment, when the waterworks are turned on, any less bearable, at least I can find comfort in knowing someone cares. And if I know Jesus I'm sure there is great purpose in the collection of my many tears. Nothing is in vain. With Him everything has purpose. I trust Him with vindicating me of all my losses and restoring everything I have been robbed of in this lifetime. He is my Hope, my Anchor in the storm... my faithful reminder that these present and momentary troubles are nothing in comparison to the future glory yet to be revealed.

A good cry every once in awhile is a good thing. It cleanses the soul and reminds me how good it is to be alive, no matter the circumstances. Call me "thankful". BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

3 comments:

  1. Your words are very moving and encouraging, Idilio. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears...cleansing it does! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grieve that "never being a groom" was not a decision you consciously made, Idilio. I hate the robbery that occurred when that trusted family friend stole your maleness-in-the- biblical sense from you as a child and forever altered your life. It's just not fair...

    ReplyDelete