Friday, October 15, 2010

Prelude to the Sins of My Father

In the coming days I will be writing and reflecting on something that is hanging heavy on my heart. I will be openly sharing about the "sins of my Father" (literally). I just wanted to provide a quick disclaimer and make it known I love my parents with all my heart. When I expose them to the light I am not acting out of hatred, revenge, or anything in that vein; I am simply trying to make sense of how their actions to this very day still impact me and my siblings. My sisters and I are experiencing emotional upheaval and distress right now and I for one need to make peace with my raging emotions.

  I can only hope and pray what I write and share is received in the spirit which it was intended. And to my Father I want to apologize ahead of time.  I truly am sorry to have to put his dirty laundry out for all to see. I would not have to do so if he were willing to talk openly about what everyone in the family (and I mean everyone) has already been exposed to. He refuses to admit the truth and wants to blame everyone else but himself for the unraveling and destruction presently being unleashed due to his selfish and immoral actions. This is nothing new. As long as I can remember, my dad has been notorious for committing the act of Adultery. His unfaithfulness to y mother is legendary in my family and his inability to honor his  vows of marriage already a well known fact in the Rivera family. 

I have wrestled with this, whether to write about him or not, because I don't want to lose my relationship with him. Yet I realize, he himself has created this present climate of pain and betrayal. I must be true to myself and not only accept truth but embrace it. The latter part can be excruciating and if not done with caution and divine intervention I am aware it can cause destruction. 

My sincere prayer is for healing, deliverance, and restoration to be the final outcome out of this painful and revealing process. I would want nothing more than to see a mighty River of Repentance come and wash away our sins. Tragically, it does not seem to be the case with my father and since he insists on making my mother believe she is imaging things, I feel it is my duty to proclaim and expose the truth. 


Please pray for my family as we once again are being thrown into the pit of infidelity. My mother's heart has once again been crushed and I'm afraid if action is not taken soon, this could lead to her early demise. May it not be so. May she find the resolve to finally accomplish and follow through on what has taken forty years to be accomplished.

Crooked Notes by Idilio Rivera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment