Monday, December 27, 2010

Just in Time because He is never Late

I have been battling cancer since October 2008. Having withstood and endured both the ravages of chemotherapy and radiation, I received the "all clear" sign sometime in June '09. Unfortunately for me, the pain of cancer had only subsided somewhat long enough to give me and my medical caretakers the false impression that I was well on the road to full recovery. Sadly, the tumor not only re-emerged but it had become more aggressive and had metastasized to other vital organs, which translated into greater pain and the added inconvenience of a catheter and colostomy which may or may not be permanent.

I grew up hearing a saying In Spanish..."Dios aprieta, pero no ahoga"... "God tightens, but He never drowns you". Basically, it was ingrained in me that no matter how bad things get, there is always a way out. This has been my attitude in dealing with this dreaded cancer. Countless tears have been shed and not a day goes by that I do not hope and pray will be the end of my fiery trial.

While I am tempted to scream at the top of my lungs: "I'm drowning, oh God!!!" I quickly realize what a waste of time this would be since I'm dealing with a God who thankfully does not see things from my limited point of view. He is all about stretching you and tearing you down in order to build you back up again while everything in me wants to run and hide and place the blame elsewhere. He sees the end result. He guarantees complete victory...no matter what.

It would be a damn shame to be so close to obtaining gold only to have thrown the towel in prematurely. This thought alone keeps me going, keeps me enduring, holding on. That and the sincere belief that although this body may be falling apart and in need of constant pain relief, in the end, I will live to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

I am hanging on out of pure conviction that God is never late, never early, but ALWAYS on time. Call me a fool but I'm putting all my eggs in one basket and counting them too even before they hatch (the two things I have always been advised against) simply because I believe that God will come to my rescue and deliver me. Just in time because He is never late.
Never late.
Never. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

3 comments:

  1. Amen Idilio and thank you. I'm holding onto that for you and for Aabye and Frank who were just burned out of their apartment tonight. They are out safe, but with just the clothes on their back as far as they know. God will bring justice to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen my beautiful brother Idilio you tremendously bless me with your writing. You are so very loved. I thank God for the opportunity to have you as an awesome amazingly wonderful friend in my life for so many years. Knowing you brings such joy to my life. Te amo! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, May the good Lord continue to bless and keep you. You are a good example of a person with strong faith and I am grateful to be able to read your thoughts . You are blessed because you are a child of God. You have touched many lives and bring happiness to many. The good you have done for others will come back to you from God. Be of good courage, God will strengthen you, He will never leave or forsake you. Take care my amigo.
    With love, prayer, and support from an old friend, Sephlyn

    ReplyDelete